The all-aluminum coil found in this new line of air handlers is exponentially more durable than standard copper coils, which are susceptible to formicary corrosion.
This ensures families stay comfortable indoors all year long, no matter what the weather outside.
The double-walled cabinet eliminates the need for exposed insulation and helps prevent energy loss with the use of airtight plugs instead of conventional knockouts. This reduces the unit’s carbon footprint and provides a cleaner environment.
ComfortLink™ II Communicating Capability
ComfortLink™ II communicating technology connects all of your key components so your system automatically charges, configures and calibrates for optimal performance through the lifetime of your products.
Thanks to the exclusive Trane Vortica™ blower, the new Hyperion™ air handler provides homeowners with reliable, ultra-quiet operation, so they can hear each other instead of the heating and cooling system.
Better, cleaner air
Add Trane CleanEffect™ to your system for advanced air filtration that removes more dust, pollen and other irritants from conditioned air for a cleaner, healthier, more comfortable home.
Every Trane Air Handler is packed with high-quality components. Each helps ensure that time after time, your unit will provide total comfort your family can rely on. The Hyperion™ includes:
- Uniquely designed cabinet
- Fully enclosed insulation
- All-aluminum coil
- Variable-speed Vortica™ blower motor
- Unique modular design
- Electronic expansion valve metering device that is 400% more reliable than standard expansion valves
- Quick-turn fasteners
- “No leak” drain pan made from rust-resistant composites and built with a gradual slope
- Heating options for either hydronic or electric heat
- Corrosion-resistant finish
- ComfortLink™ II communicating technology (on select models)
- Highly efficient variable-speed technology (on select models)