Here are some tips to keep your comfort system running smoothly:
- Have your units cleaned and serviced to ensure your A/C will operate at the highest level of performance. Cleaning your unit is like dusting your home. After six months, dirt builds up on the internal parts. Remove the dirt and the system operates better, saving you money
- Change your filter. (Let the arrival of your electric bill serve as a reminder to check your filter and either clean it or have it replaced.)
- Clean warm-air registers, baseboard heaters, and radiators as needed. Make sure they’re not blocked by furniture, carpeting, or drapes.
- Instead of turning your unit OFF when leaving the house, just adjust the temperature up or down 5 -7 degrees (depends on season). It isn’t good for your system to be off.
- Never cover the unit with a plastic or an air tight cover. It will cause it to rust.
- Clear grass, grass clippings and weeds buy viagra online in usa from outside equipment.
- Fuses, circuit breakers or wires should never be hot to the touch. If they are, contact us right away!
- Turn off kitchen, bath, and other exhaust fans within 20 minutes after you are done cooking or bathing. When replacing exhaust fans, consider installing high-efficiency, low-noise models.
- During the heating season, keep the drapes and shades on your south-facing windows open during the day to allow the sunlight to enter your home and closed at night to reduce the chill you may feel from cold windows.
- During the cooling season, keep the window coverings closed during the day to reduce the amount of heat that enters the home.
- Set your thermostat as low as it is comfortable in the winter and as high as it is comfortable in the summer. (This will significantly reduce your energy usage!)
Energy Efficient Comfort
Bringing energy-efficient comfort to your home or workplace can save you big. Check out our chart and see.